Posted on June 16,2020
Well, it happened. You accidentally let your phone slip from your grasp and watched helplessly as it fell to the ground, screen side hitting the surface on impact. You slowly picked it up and turned it over, hoping there’s no cracks or scratches looking back at you. Maybe you somehow lucked out this time with no damage, or perhaps your lucky streak finally ran out. “I should have used a screen protector,” you groan to yourself. Yeah, it sounds like a pretty good idea now, doesn’t it?
Believe it or not, studies show two phone screens crack every second in the United States. That’s a lot of accidents waiting to happen, and unfortunately, too many people are confident they can get away with not using any type of protection. So, why chance it? By investing in a screen protector, you’re immediately providing your device’s screen with a powerful layer of protection that absorbs any and all impacts from daily use.
What kind of screen protector should I get?
At TechMatte, we’re strong supporters and reliable makers of tempered glass screen protectors. Tempered glass consists of multiple layers of materials including absorbent silicone coating, anti-shatter film, oleophobic coating, and tempered glass compressed into one resistant material that’s stronger than normal glass. Unlike traditional film protectors, it’s designed to withstand the toughest impacts from drops and shocks. So if the glass does crack, its shatterproof properties allow the glass to break safely into small, dull chunks that stay in place instead of potential jagged shards flying into the air. Tempered glass also provides a smooth touch glass feel without the annoyance of oily fingerprint smudges.
What should I look for in a tempered glass screen protector?
Although many companies offer tempered glass protectors, not all are manufactured the same. As a company that strives to make the most affordable and dependable protectors for many device makes and models, here are the features to pay attention to and what we at TechMatte always provide:
- Exceptional transparency: Providing crystal clear screen clarity for a natural viewing experience.
- Smooth responsiveness: Full compatibility touch screen sensitivity.
- Oleophobic coating: Reduces oils and smudges from fingertips.
- Easy installation: An application kit that guides you through the process easily. (We personally also provide helpful step-by-step screen protector installation videos!)
- Protection Plan: We’re happy to offer customers using our screen protectors the option to opt into our amPlus screen protection plans, which offer free, monthly screen protectors and screen damage reimbursement should you screen break while using our product.
Look, we’re all guilty of dropping our phones at some point. Why don’t we make sure we’re doing our best to protect them so shattered screens aren’t a risk? Shop our amFilm screen protectors
and give your device the protection it deserves!