Posted on May 4,2022
It’s that’s time again! Rumors about the iPhone 14 series are emerging recently and we’re here to round up and share the latest information with you. Here’s what we know so far:
When will it be released?
If Apple follows their previous launch timelines, they’ll announce the iPhone 14 models in September 2022. The launch event is typically the second week of September with an availability date in the third week.
How many models are in the series?
According to Apple Analyst Ming-Chi Kuo, the iPhone 14 lineup will include “high end” and “lower end” models with two size options for each. This includes two 6.1 inch models (iPhone 14 and iPhone 14 Pro) and two 6.7 inch models (iPhone 14 Max and iPhone 14 Pro Max). The iPhone 14 Max is rumored to replace the previous 5.4 inch mini model, due to poor sales and popularity.
How much will they cost?
We suspect the iPhone 14 will match the price of the iPhone 13, starting at $799 for the regular and $999 for the Pro. The new Max could be $899 and the Pro Max $1,099 or more. As we get closer to September, we’ll see what other information comes out about price.
What features could they have?
- Design: iPhone 14 is expected to look like the iPhone 13 models with the same flat-edged design, standard notch, and the same camera bump at the back with a diagonal camera layout.
- Frame: the models will most likely be designed with a high-end titanium frame, which has been used for the Apple watch, but a first for iPhone. Titanium is stronger than steel or aluminum, plus more scratch and corrosion resistant.
- Colors: the rumored colors for iPhone 14 and 14 Pro are white, black, blue and red, while the iPhone 14 Max and 14 Pro Max will be graphite, silver and gold. There is also speculation the color purple could also be an option.
- Lightning Port: It’s possible the lightning port will be removed for a portless design and switching to MagSafe charging only, but it’s not confirmed if that will happen in 2022.
- Camera: All iPhone 14 models will see upgrades to the Ultra Wide camera with the iPhone 14 Pro models receiving the biggest improvements. According to Ming-Chi Kuo, the 2022 Pro models will have a 48-megapixel wide camera, which is an improvement to the current 12-megapixel camera.
We’re looking forward to seeing what’s in store for Apple’s iPhone 14 series! Until then, shop our amFilm screen protectors
and MagSafe compatible accessories
for the latest iPhones and iPads.